AliveCor KardiaMobile EKG Monitor Review: What You Need to Know in 2022
Best KardiaMobile EKG
Heart disease remains the main cause of death for which there is a reliable source throughout the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This makes the regular monitoring and treatment of heart diseases more important than ever. If you’re interested in tracking your heart health in your home, look into a portable electrocardiogram (EKG) device.
One of the most popular brand names is KardiaMobile EKG, a home monitoring system developed by AliveCor. Find out more about what this gadget can reveal about your heart health, its limitations and when you should speak to the doctor.
What is it? EKG Monitor?
An EKG monitor that is portable is a small device made to provide the same information as an advanced version that your doctor could employ to check for heart diseases. A standard EKG in a doctor’s office uses up to 12 small sensors that are trusted sources called electrodes, according to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI). The electrodes are connected to your legs, chest and arms. In this EKG, you lie on the exam table while the doctor or nurse runs the machine.
The electrodes are able to detect an electrical signal in your heart. Unusual results could mean:
- heart damage or failure
- heart attack
- Arrhythmias, irregular heartbeats, or irregular heartbeats
- blocked arteries
Your doctor may suggest testing in the office EKG test If:
- If you are experiencing heart problems
- You’re a middle-aged or an older adult who requires routine monitoring
- heart disease is a part of the family
Self-monitoring may also be recommended for a means of monitoring your heart health in Between formal EKGs.
- What can you detect with the KardiaMobile EKG monitor? According to AliveCor The basic KardiaMobile EKG is designed to help identify the following heart-related concerns:
- atrial fibrillation (AFib) Afib is a condition that causes the upper chambers of your heart to beat more irregularly and thus pumping less blood
- bradycardia (or a slow heart rate
- Tachycardia, or a rapid heart rateA 2019 randomized clinical trialTrusted Source, which included 262 participants, found that KardiaMobile might be beneficial to help people recognize AFib-related symptoms early, which they can share with their doctor to get an immediate diagnosis. If you’re using heart-related medications the device can aid your doctor with additional data to determine whether your treatment is performing as it should. However this device KardiaMobile cannot replace any required EKGs at the doctor’s clinic. Pricing As of 2022, the all-inclusive price of the first KardiaMobile was $89, and it was $149 for the KardiaMobile EKG 6L was $149. If you choose to go with 6L as your 6L edition, you are able to enroll in the monthly KardiaCare membership. The cost is an affordable $10 per year or $99 for the year. The membership offers four annual reviews of your data on your heart by board certified cardiologists per year. The company sometimes offers promotional offers for direct products, like discounts or other add-ons, such as the free clip to connect an accessory to backside of your smartphone. Although AliveCor doesn’t deal directly with medical insurance companies. However, you may be able to purchase the KardiaMobile with a healthcare savings account (HSA) or flexible budgeting account (FSA). It’s best to confirm this with your insurance company prior to the time. Shipping of the item is absolutely free in the United States. The company also provides one-year warranties and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
AliveCor KardiaMobile products The KardiaMobile KardiaMobile is an ultra-compact EKG device that allows you the ability to measure how your heart rate is regulated and your rhythm and then capture the data on your connected smartphone. According to AliveCor the company that develops the device may be able obtain medical-grade data you can give to your doctor. To utilize the KardiaMobile, you simply place your fingers on the two sensors of the device for 30 seconds. The device does not require electrodes. The results are immediately summarized and then display on your phone. After that, you’ll have the option to email the information to your doctor. The KardiaMobile 6L A different, more sophisticated version of this device is the KardiaMobile EKG 6L. This model has the same fundamental features of the original with the exception that you have six different screens on your phone. It displays the following information:
- sinus rhythm with supraventricular ectopy, that is an issue that affects the top your heart
- sinus rhythm that has a broad QRS, which impacts the heart’s bottom (QRS represents the spread of a stimuli through the heart’s ventricles)
- premature ventricular contractionsIs the KardiaMobile EKG monitor reliable?
The KardiaMobile EKG monitor is made to help you monitor your heart health between medical visits. This includes irregular heartbeats that could be slower or faster than normal, as well in irregular rhythms.
AliveCor states that KardiaMobile has FDA approval to identify the heart problems that the company promotes.
Instead of a complete FDA endorsement, this implies that the product has been approved by FDA as AliveCor demonstrated that it offers similar advantages to other items that have been cleared or accepted by FDA in the form of some smartwatches.
How can I improve the performance of KardiaMobile?
However, while KardiaMobile EKG can help detect your heart rate as well as related abnormalities, it’s in no way able to identify the possibility of having a heart attack. It’s also not compatible for use with implantable cardioverter devices or pacemakers.
Additionally, even though the company states that their device can be used with all smartphones, it’s not compatible with the latest Android and Apple devices. Be sure to verify the most up-to-date compatibility list prior to purchasing.
Also, the device hasn’t been endorsed by any medical institution to identify or diagnose any disease. However, it’s beneficial to use this device as a complement to other heart health management strategies your doctor has suggested.